The snow’s coming down, the fire’s going, I’m still in pajamas at 2:42pm, my mind is racing, and all is well.
Super Bowl 50 was yesterday. Yawn. Random musings follow:
- Cam Newton should be ashamed of himself for acting like a petulant child at the post-game press conference. And not falling on the ball after fumbling it? Inexcusable. Grow up. Dude is a long way away from being a role model.
- Peyton Manning did not win the game. The end. (To the tune of those God-forsaken Nationwide jingles: Peyton please retire now.)
- The whole booing Tom Brady thing was classless. Four rings. Haters gonna hate.
- Does Chris Martin sound different if he sings standing up? Or did his contract require him to crouch the whole time because Bruno Mars is so short?
- Lada Gaga was solid. No Whitney, but solid. I’m not sure what the purpose of that whole Celine Dion My Heart Will Go On chest thump was toward the end, but I’ll forgive it. She did a great job.
- Aqib Talib is a thug. And proud of it. Why is it so hard to get kicked out of a football game.
- Refs stunk. Lucky they didn’t get Carolina’s challenge flags shoved up their asses.
- A college classmate of mine was named Don Shula HS Coach of the Year. It was fun following him at the festivities all weekend. Best part about it is what a great guy he is.
- I hope the Panthers’ owner takes some body language interpretation clsses this offseason. And practices smiling, a little.
- I watched the game with family. We all wore Pats gear. Couldn’t love them any more than I do. Blessed.